COVID-19 and Travel to St Kitts
St Kitts and Nevis officially reopened its borders for international travel on October 31, 2020. The following update outlines the changes that have been made to the travel requirements for persons traveling to St Kitts and Nevis.
Last updated: May 1, 2021
St Kitts & Nevis COVID-19 Entry Requirements
Fully Vaccinated Travelers:
International travelers who are fully vaccinated are required to submit their official Vaccination Record Card when completing their travel authorization process at St Kitts and Nevis Online Immigration/ Customs Form, in addition to their 72-hour RT-PCR test and other required arriving passenger documentation.
- A traveler is considered fully vaccinated when two weeks have passed since receiving their second dose of a two dose vaccine series (Pfizer/ BioNTech, Moderna or AstraZeneca/ Oxford) or two weeks after the have received a single dose vaccine (Johnson + Johnson). The traveler’s official COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card will be accepted as proof.
- Fully vaccinated air travelers will be asked to “Vacation in Place” at a Travel Approved hotel for online 9 days vs the current 14 days.
- Effective May 20, 2021, fully vaccinated air travelers will be allowed to enter the destination’s sporting venues.
- Traveler must complete the Travel Authorization Form on the national website St Kitts and Nevis Online Immigration/ Customs Form, and upload an official COVID-19 RT-PCR negative test result from a CLIA/CDC/UKAS approved lab accredited with ISO/IEC 17025 standard taken 72 hours prior to travel. For their trip, they should bring a copy of the negative COVID- 19 RT-PCR test and their COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card as proof of completion of their vaccination. Please note, acceptable COVID-19 PCR tests must be taken by nasopharyngeal sample. Self-samples, rapid tests, or home tests will be considered invalid.
- Undergo a health screening at the airport which includes a temperature check and a health questionnaire. Upon arrival, if a fully vaccinated traveler is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 during the health screening, they can be required to undergo a RT- PCR test at the airport at their own cost (150 USD).
- All fully vaccinated air travelers are free to move throughout the Travel Approved hotel, interact with other guests and partake in hotel activities only.
- Fully vaccinated air travelers staying beyond 9 days are required to be tested on day 9 (USD 150 visitors’ cost) of their stay and once their test is negative, they may integrate into the Federation participating in tours, attractions, restaurants, beach bars, retail shopping, etc.
- Effective May 1, 2021 fully vaccinated air travelers are not required to submit an exit RT-PCR test. If a pre-departure test is still required for the country of destination, the RT-PCR test will be taken 72 hours prior to departure. Example: If a person is staying 7 days, their pre-departure test will be on day 4; if a person is staying 14 days, their pre-departure test will be taken on day 11.
International travelers arriving by air who are not fully vaccinated must continue to abide by the following requirements:
- Complete the Travel Authorization Form on the national website St Kitts and Nevis Online Immigration/ Customs Form, and upload an official COVID 19 RT-PCR negative test result from a CLIA/CDC/UKAS approved lab accredited with ISO/IEC 17025 standard, taken prior to 72 hours of travel. They should also bring a copy of the negative COVID 19 RT-PCR test for their trip. Please note, acceptable COVID-19 PCR tests must be taken by nasopharyngeal sample. Self-samples, rapid tests, or home tests will be considered invalid.
- Undergo a health screening at the airport which includes a temperature check and a health questionnaire.
- 1-7 days: visitors are free to move about the hotel property, interact with other guests and partake in hotel activities.
- 8-14 days: visitors will undergo a RT-PCR test (USD 150, visitors’ cost) on day 7. If the traveler tests negative, on day 8 they are allowed, through the hotel’s tour desk, to book select excursions and access select destination sites.
- 14 days or longer: visitors will need to undergo a RT-PCR test (USD 150, visitors’ cost) on day 14, and if they test negative the traveler will be allowed to integrate into St. Kitts and Nevis.
- All travelers are required take a RT-PCR test (USD 150, visitors’ cost) 48 to 72 hours prior to departure. The RT-PCR test will be done on the hotel property, at the nurse’s station. The Ministry of Health will advise the respective hotel of the date and time for the traveler’s RT-PCR test before departure. Those travelers staying 72 hours or less, will complete the test upon arrival at RLB International Airport. If positive before departure, the traveler will be required to stay in isolation at their cost, at their respective hotel. If negative, travelers will proceed with departure on their respective date.
Travel Approved Hotels
- The St Kitts and Nevis Travel Authorization form can be found here. To complete this form, travelers are required to have proof of their booked accommodations at one of the following approved hotels for International Travelers. These include:
Upon Arrival Guidelines
- Upon your arrival you are required to present all documents including negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test result.
- You will have your temperature checked and asked a series of health screening questions, including health and travel history.
- You will have to download the SKN COVID-19 contact tracing mobile app and use this for the duration of your stay.
- During your stay, wear your face masks when social distancing is not possible and sanitize your hands every 30 minutes. Follow all health and safety protocols and report any symptoms to any government official or your hotel reception. You can also call the emergency health hotline at 311.
Resources for Planning a Trip to St Kitts & Nevis:
- Make Sure You are Covered if Your Travel Plans are Interrupted – Get Flight Cancellation Coverage
- Search and compare flights to St Kitts and Nevis today!
How to get a COVID-19 test in St Kitts & Nevis
Travelers staying fewer than seven days in St Kitts & Nevis are required to take an exit COVID-19 Nasopharyngeal test 72 hours prior to departure. Travelers staying longer than seven days can schedule the exit test through at their hotel reception. All travelers staying in hotels should inform the hotel reception, who will arrange testing onsite. Not staying at a hotel in St Kitts & Nevis? You can arrange testing by calling 869-467-1273 or by visiting the Health Centre in Basseterre or consulting a government-approved doctor. The cost is US$150.
Good to Know
- Can guests travel for the day to Nevis? Travel is not allowed between St Kitts and Nevis.
- Can private villas be rented or B&B? Private villas can be rented, with request form, 24-hours security required at renter’s expense. No tours available till after 14 days.
- Can a private driver pick me up at the airport? Private drivers are not allowed for airport pick-up or drop-off.
- Are other dining establishments available to eat at? Select restaurants will have delivery service to hotel.
- Will I be able to purchase gifts at the airport? Gift shops are currently not open at the airport on departure.